Friday, March 23, 2012

Fratty Friday

Oh what a morning!  The fact that I am still alive is a miracle.  This Fratty Friday is more like "Keeping It Real Wednesday!"The morning started out normal and calm.  J-Man did wake up early, but he sat nicely on the bed watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
 And if you know anything about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you know Mickey asks questions into the camera and the kids answer.  Jackson has never interacted with the show until this morning.  As I was in the closet getting dressed I heard him say "sure Mickey" in the cutest little voice.  It was adorable!
 He even took his attention off of the show to pose for a picture.
 Then these pictures were taken after the chaos ensued.  Franny Bean was a little fussy while I was getting ready, but not too bad.  She didn't want her paci, but stayed pretty calm.  Well, when I went to pick her up I found out what the fussing was about.  She had blown up her diaper and gotten it all over her clothes and the blanket and now I had gotten it all over me. 
 So back to her room for a wardrobe change we went.  Jackson tagged along and sat in her glider as I cleaned her up.  He was being so good.  After getting her ready I promptly put his shoes on (that he had gotten out of his room all by himself) and off I went to change.  During all this Mary Frances kept crying.
 My OCD would not allow me to leave the house without putting the soiled clothes in the washer along with other clothes that needed to be done any way.  So after all that I paused momentarily to do a photo shoot.  After a few snaps of the camera it was out the door we went.  Franny screaming all the way.  Thank goodness she stopped after we got in the car because my nerves were shot!  But backing out of the driveway at 7:30 rather than our usual 7:00 didn't seem like defeat.  I still made it to work by 8:00 with my sanity intact!
It's on days like these that I am grateful for my job.  It allows me the ability to escape the craziness of kids to catch my breath, but then it is on to adult craziness.  I can't complain though, the adults I work with only scream sometimes :)!

Thank goodness it is Friday is all I can say.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I jinxed you!