Thursday, March 15, 2012

Match Day

You may or may not have noticed that I have not made mention of the elephant in the room this week.  Match Day!!!!!!  Oh but I have been thinking about it every second of every day.  I wish I could tell you the wait has been easy, but it has not.  I am not a patient person, shocker I know.  But at least we know Matt did match.  We found that out on Monday.  He says that is all he cares about, the rest is just gravy.  I am getting that way.  He is going to be able to do what he wants and that's all that matters.  We will follow him any where.  And if you had my husband you would too!

Matt and I went to a wedding shower last week for one of the girls in his class and I thought now would be a good time to post the pictures so you could see a hand full of the people going through this process along with my husband.
Matt and Laura Miller

Matt and Laura Newman.  That's not confusing at parties.  Laura is the one in medical school and is doing pediatrics.
Keisha and Rasheda.  Keisha is going to be an OBGYN and Rasheda is going to do surgery.
We took this picture at then end of the night after a lot of people left, but Bobby, Jessie, Morgan, and Lyssa (the bride) are all in Matt's class as well.  Jessie in (green and yellow), Lyssa (in white), and Bobby are doing medicine and Morgan in the middle is doing med/peds.  This is a medicine and pediatric combo. 

This is only a fraction of our good friends and the 100+ in their class, but please pray for these people and their families tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a HUGE day for everyone.  Really bigger than graduation.  It is the culmination of 4 extremely hard years.  I cannot put my feelings into words at this moment, but God knows what I/we all need tomorrow.  Just pray.  I will be!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good luck to Matt! I know you'll love where ever he gets placed - what an exciting time! If you wind up near us, we'll have to plan a visit!