Sunday, March 4, 2012

Southern Belle Sunday


If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that I was scared to death of having a little girl.  I was going to be a mom of 4 little boy.  Girls baffle me.  But now that she is here, she is the sweetest most innocent little thing ever and I would be perfectly content with having 2 more!  WAIT, did I just say that?  Don't tell Matt I said that.  If we have another girl next we have to stop.  He refuses to have 3 girls because he is so cheap.

Anyway, there are so many things I need to teach her and make sure she understands.  Jackson is no exception, but girls are just so different.  In my never ceasing prayer of "God please help me raise a well balanced Godly woman" I thought it appropriate when I found this on Pintrest.  I edited it a bit, but you can go to here to see the original.

1. You are the daughter of the King of King and Lord of Lords.  Honor him in all that you do.  You also have 2 parents that love you more than you will ever know. 
2. Also vote republincan.
3. Scissors are to be used for cutting tags off new clothes, not for your hair. Especially NOT your bangs. EVER.
4. Learn to use a fire extinguisher and jumper cables.
5. Do not ask a question you don’t want the answer to until you are emotionally ready to handle it. For example. “Do you love me?” or “Does this make me look fat?”
6. Good friends are the ones who tell you that your butt looks big in those jeans and that call you out when you are being full of it.  Keep them forever.
7. When you ask a man, “What are you thinking?” and he replies, “Nothing.” It’s true.
8. For every slice of pizza you eat you will need to run 30 minutes to burn it off. Two slices equals an hour. Three slices? An hour and a half. You get the idea. That doesn’t include the beer.  I'm sorry baby, but women have to work harder at it then men. 
9. Never date anyone you wouldn't marry.  You never know who you will fall in love with.
10. Men look at other girl’s boobs. Don’t expect otherwise. It’s nothing personal. They can’t help it.
11. The only alcohol you should ever drink straight from a bottle is beer when you are 21. Doing otherwise will likely land you in the hospital or even worse, a wooden box.
12. If a boy tells you that you will have sex with him if you love him, he doesn't love you.  This was your Gaga's advice to me.
13. The only thing you wash with white clothes? White clothes.
14. Every cigarette you smoke takes seven minutes off your life, but that is irrelevant because if you smoke or do drugs I will kill you.  Take the advice of your Big R - "If beer can't get me there I don't want to go."
15. No one knows what they are going to be when they grow up. Just get a dang degree.
16. Boys are the gravy, not the mashed potatoes.  You are an intelligent woman that can provide for yourself.  Never depend on anyone other than God.  Not a man and FOR sure not the government!  More of Gaga's advice.  The government part is Bill O'Reilly's advice.
17.  Never leave the house without brushing your hair, teeth, and eyebrows.  More of your Gaga's advice.
What would you add?

No comments: