Thursday, December 13, 2012

1, 2, 3 Pick Me Up Off the Floor

About 8 weeks ago I needed to be picked up off of our bathroom floor.  Because as a mother of a two year old and a 10 month old I was not planning to see two little lines appear on the pregnancy test I had just purchased.  Since Matt was out of town I called him in a panic knowing he was sitting at dinner with 3 other people.  He was instantly excited and I needed to be talked off a cliff.  This just happened to us with Mary Frances and one would think that two fairly intelligent people could figure this out.
Well, apparently not because Miller Baby 3 will be here in June.  It's due date is a day before Jackson's 3rd birthday, June 15.  Are we crazy or are we crazy?  As if 3 kids in 3 years was not crazy enough June is also when Matt is set to start his orthopedic trauma rotation for 5 months which includes 13 weeks of working nights.  But regardless of nights or days he'll be working 80 hours a week.  3 kids including a new born and a father who is not home.  Gaga, Sheshe, Gran, and anyone else that is willing to help has been put on notice.
I just keep repeating "So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.  
All joking aside this baby is a blessing and we are really excited about having 3 little ones that will grow up so close together.  They will never remember life without each other and depending when we start them in school could only be a grade apart.  Even more good news, our new (bigger) house will be ready in January so hopefully we will be settled before this summer.
And when you have children this cute how could you not be excited about adding another one to the mix?  I always said I wanted 4 kids, but I am now officially crawfishing on that.  3 is enough and this factory is closed for business.  I truly believe that if we could have another one 18 months after this one is born I would do it, but we can't afford to do that nor is staying home with the kids any where in the cards in the next 6 years.  So if we wait 6 years we will have an 8 year old, a 6.5 year old, and a 5 year old.  By that point everyone can brush their own teeth and dress themselves, I am not going back to night time feedings and diapers.  I just won't be able to do it.  Not to mention they will all be able to snow ski by that point and we can ski as a family.  I would't want to leave poor little number 4 at the lodge with the sitter.  So 3 it is.
Jackson keeps telling us he wants another baby sister, but I think that is only because he can't understand the concept of a baby brother.  We'll see!  I toyed with the thought of not finding out the gender of this baby, but who am I fooling?  It's me, the control freak.  I have to know.  I even calculated when my doctor's appointment would be, January 14!
And just a few fun facts for our readers, I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding since October 2009 (with the exception of one month between Jackson and Mary Frances), as long as this baby comes on time it will be 18 months younger than Mary Frances and she is 18 months younger than Jackson, and I am 13 weeks and STILL sick.  This baby has thrown me for the biggest loop in more ways than one.  I hope it calms it down once it arrives.
Having said that I am interested to see this baby's personality.  Matt and I laughed about 1 child rocking our world, but 2 has not been bad.  Mainly because of personality, we laughed and said Jackson was still rocking our world.  Mary Frances has her moments of divaness, but Jackson is only calm when he sleeps.  And he really isn't even calm then.  All children are such blessings and I am just so happy God has seen fit to bless us with the ones we have.  Look out world Miller baby number 3 is on it's way!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Beyond beautiful pics! So excited for you! Life will be crazy, but so full of love!