Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tea Party

I made Mary Frances a promise on the day she was born that I would never over look her birthday even though it was so close to Christmas.  It actually worked out well this year, we had her party on the day before Christmas Eve.  That way everyone was here and did not have to travel an extra weekend in December.
I tried to make our house and pink and girly as possible in spite of all the Christmas decorations.  I even toyed with taking some of them down for the party, but then realized I was out of storage space.  So there were still green and red balls on our mantel, but that was just fine.
It was still a fabulous tea party with Gran's vintage china, Gaga's linens and tea silver tea service, and enough Etsy cut outs to fill up a landfill.  I am keeping the graphic artist on Etsy in business.  They will be looking for me 3 times a year.  And a thank you to GranDan and Sheshe for taking the kids to Hamilton for a few days so I could cut everything out.  I don't know what we would do without our parents and grandparents.  Not have any silver tea services or cut out decorations for sure!





The smash cake was a hit and we ultimately had to take it away from her because we were afraid she was going to go into sugar shock.  She just kept eating and eating.












We tried for several pictures and got one that is frameable, I think.  It even has Elle and Knox in it cleaning up the cake.  I also put Jackson's new 'Big Brother' shirt on him just for old time sake.  I didn't put Franny's on since she stayed relatively clean. 
This picture is my favorite since it is typical of our crazy little family.  Jackson getting into something and Mary Frances eating.  That pretty much sums it up.  Man, I can't wait to throw a 3rd one in the mix!!  Bring it on!
 All in all I think Mary Frances had a fabulous birthday and can't wait to throw many more!  Happy 1st Birthday Baby Sister!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget the football game going on in the background!!

The Miller's said...

It's bowl season!