Sunday, December 30, 2012

Southern Belle Sunday

My New Year's resolution is to take more pictures of my kiddos this year.  Especially poor Franny.  There are so many days I want to be sure to get a picture of her adorable new outfit and don't.  Everyone says the second child has less pictures than the first and boy is that true.  And at the rate I am going baby #3 won't ever have his/her picture taken.
Miss Priss was scooting around on her brother's plasma car Santa brought him.  He hasn't ridden it much since there are so many other toys competing for his attention.  So far the kitchen set Mary Frances got from Santa, the train set Jackson got from Uncle Buster, and a set of cardboard books Mary Frances got from Aunt Teresa have been the hits!  The table and chairs from Gaga, Big R, Gran, and Paw have been as well, but I can't really say you 'play' with a table and chairs.  You can fall off of them though.

This little girl is one tough Southern Belle, but I would not expect any different.  Jackson is not always the sweetest big brother, these new chairs are difficult to maneuver, and the stockings were JUST the right height for her to get her hands on them and pull down the holder onto her head.  I was standing right beside her when she toppled out of the chair and still couldn't help AND saw her pulling on the stockings, but couldn't get to her in time.  That's where she got the little mark you see on the left side of her forehead in her hairline.   

None of it has slowed her down though and she is into EVERYTHING.  She still doesn't walk on her own, but will stand up in the middle of the floor by herself.  As soon as she decides she needs to go somewhere though, it's right back to her knees to crawl.  It's almost like she is scared to do it, but not scared of anything else.  Go figure.

Climbing onto the table is her other favorite past time.  I keep telling her no and that it is against Phi Mu rules for her to be elevated, but she doesn't listen.  Not a good sign for the future.  I also told her the rule about having to sit down while she smoked.  But if I ever caught her smoking she wouldn't have to worry about that rule because she wouldn't be a Phi Mu and live at home and attend the closest 4 year school even if it was Jackson State.  In my case it was the W and having to move home and go there was my worst nightmare.

So our little Southern Belle has been learning life lessons early and getting hit in the head here and there, but all in all she is still the most rotten little girl ever and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I mean how could you ever tell this face no?
Happy Sunday everyone!


No comments: