Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New House

I posted some of these pictures early on of our house building endeavor and have not posted any since.  Sorry, I have been a little busy with 2 kids, a full time job, being pregnant, and building a house.  But I promise to do better!  This was our lot before any dirt work had started.
And these next two pictures are our across the street neighbors.  No kids that I know of and I am little jealous of their back entry garage.  Although, we could have bought a corner lot and used our original house plans to do the same, but we picked the woods instead.  I know I am going to like that better.  Even after 6 years of living in a neighborhood I still prefer the 10 acres I grew up on.  We'll get there one day, after Matt retires and we don't have to live so close to the hospital.  But by that point I'll be in a nursing home.

Back to the house.  The next two pictures are our neighbors on either side of us.  One has a big trampoline in the backyard so I guessing older children.  I sure hope they don't mind 2 yapping dogs, lots of toddler children,  and the chaos that is about to ensue!

These next several pictures are our progress since September.  We are still on target to move in January, but it looks like the end instead of the beginning.  Dang Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.











This is the kids' playroom off the kitchen and the bottom picture is the 2 car and 1 junk garage as my dad calls it.  He says you can't call it a 3 car garage since we only have 2 cars and LOTS of junk.



My little laundry room window.  I have visions of opening it up on pretty days as I joyfully do laundry.  Yea, we all know that's a dream.
Our living room above and kitchen below.
Look how pretty that brick is.  I feel like we should have a sign out front letting our neighbors know the brick is getting painted and that's why it looks the way it does.  I am sure they are all sweating it a little.
I took the picture below the day we picked up my claw foot tub.  I promise it looks better than the ones in the picture.  It's just all wrapped up right now.  Pictures soon.
Our fireplace that I am super pumped about!

The stain on one of the front doors.
Our bathroom color, kind of.  This is only the primer and we are having them do a the same color, but only tinted to 25% so it will be a good bit lighter.
I also thought these pictures would be helpful.  These are pictures of the house I looked at and fell in love with, but it had a contract on it already.  So we are just building it about 7 houses down (don't worry, the outside looks different).  Our colors are lighter and gray instead of tan, our bar will be flat and not raised, we have brushed nickel finished instead of the dark, all the cabinets go to the ceiling, and the floors will be darker, but you get the idea.  I know that sounds like a totally different house, but it was still an amazing house and I would have moved in in a heart beat.  Mine will just fit our style better.
This is 1/4 of the master closet.  That's really why I wanted the house.
And this is my light in the entry way.  I took the picture at our friend Morgan's new house.  She also has our chandelier below!  Glad she could be my inspiration.

That's all I have for now.  I promise to have more soon.  I take lots of pictures since Matt rarely makes it out to see the house.  Soon enough he will be coming home to it every night.  Well, most every night when he's not on call!

No comments: