Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bruce

Bruce is our Jackson named Elf on the Shelf.  I had originally named him Football since it is Jackson's favorite word, but Jackson renamed him.  When Matt took Jackson over to the mantel where our Elf was perched and asked what he wanted to name him, Jackson plainly and clearly said 'Bruce'.  'Ok, Buddy.  Bruce it is' Matt replied.  We don't even know anyone named Bruce.  We have NO idea where he got it from, but he wakes up most mornings asking for Bruce after he has asked for Mama, Da-Da, and football.  The boy has his priorities straight.
Bruce has been in some pretty interesting spots, but he (mama and daddy) has been a little lazy and stays in one place for a while.  I blame it on a lack of spots for him to hang out in our house, but he (we) will try and do a better job of making sure he (we) plays the game better.  Or based upon the picture below you could blame his lack of movement on drinking.  He has been hanging on to that wine bottle for a week now.  I may need to call Santa about him hitting the bottle. 
I did threaten a little boy in Sunday school today that I was going to have my elf tell his elf he had been bad today in Sunday school.  He looked at me with a fear in his eyes I have never seen before. These things do work!

No comments: