Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Time Around Our House

Matt is off this month with the exception of interviews so we are seeing him a little more than usual, which is all I wanted for Christmas after these last three months!
Matt soaks up as much time as he can with our little dude.  They do all kinds of stuff together while I sit back and feel like the most blessed woman on the planet!  I mean look at them!  It doesn't get much better than this!
Knox even gets to join in.  He sprints after the golf ball when Jackson hits it!  All the guys in the house get to play.  Mary Frances, Elle, and I will have tea parties in a few years while the guys play golf.
And our tree that is FINALLY done.  It only took 2 weeks, but I am so happy with it.  Thanks to my super crafty mother-in-law I have a new bow for my tree.  Our last one was about 14 years old that my mom bought for me to put on my tree when I was in college.  She bought it because she is as crafty as I am :)!  It is still really pretty so I just have to find a way to repurpose it.  But Pintrest should be able to help with that.
Back to Jackson.  This doesn't look like it is going to turn out well huh?
More hanging out reading Christmas stores.  He loves books and I am so glad!
There is a mirror at the end of this Christmas Gift book and he loves looking at himself.  Imagine that.
Back to Christmas decor, our front door.  I always hated my mom's big colored Christmas lights, but now that I am older they are really growing on me.  They just seem so fun and whimsical.  I think I will continue this tradition, but maybe do the colored whimsical stuff in the back for us and the more traditional out front.  But for now I'm sticking with what he have.  Maybe one day when Matt makes money I can go all out on Christmas decor.  A girl can dream can't she?
Matt and Jackson had just settled in for a long winters nap.  Not really, Jackson stayed still for approximately 5 seconds for this picture.

Happy Thursday everyone!  See you tomorrow for a super Fratty Friday!

No comments: