Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus

And finally the Christmas pictures!!  It was an extra special Christmas with Mary Frances showing up early and everyone coming to our house rather than traveling all over the country.
This was our first anual birthday cake for Jesus.  I want to make it a tradition so Jackson and Mary Frances understand what Christmas is all about.  I am trying to avoid them thinking Christmas is about Santa.  And yes, I made it.  The off center wording should have given that away.
Jackson and his Paw doing a little work on the laptop.  I just love these pictures!

Our Christmas family picutre!  Our kids even have matching PJs on!!  I LOVE IT!  I thank God every day and know I am blessed and have one good looking family.  Words cannot even describe how fortunate I feel.
We hadn't even had turkey yet and everyone was napping on Christmas Eve.
We tried spacing out giving J-Man his gifts since he had so many!  So Gran and Paw gave him his tricycle on Christmas Eve.  He jumped right on it and loved it.  He is not real sure about the petals, but he will get the hang of it.
Look at that face!  I could just eat him up.
Other than Jackson's 1920's hair style in this picutre I LOVE it!!  He loves his sister so much and is so good with her.  He could be a little more gentle, but he is still little himself so he doesn't 100% understand.
Just giving "babies" kisses.  Jackson won't say Mary Frances, he calls her "babies."  I am guessing it is because we are always pointing at things saying "that is the baby's."  And when you ask him if he can say Mary Frances he says "NO."  He is such a mess.
So obviously Jackson has my complection and Mary Frances has her Aunt Anna's!
Milk and cookies for Santa.
Santa got Mary Frances' letter in time!  I was a little worried about it, but he came to see her too.
Stockings for the pups, Mama, and Daddy!
J-Man's gifts from Santa!
And Santa ate both cookies and dranks all the milk!  He likes oreos just like J-Man and Da-Da!

Jackson loves his Cozy Coup!  He gets in it and just sits there.  It is so funny.  He really likes the cup holder for his milk too!  He also liked the basketball goal.  It was the first thing he saw when he rounded the corner.  He said "basketball."
Litlle Miss Thing slept through everything of course!
More pacing J-Man on opening gifts.  This was Uncle Buster's gift to Jackson.
Mary Frances and me opening Uncle Buster's gift to her.  A sweet pink dress and shirt.  (He had help picking it out.)
More help from Uncle Buster and Aunt Anna.
ELMO!!!  Jackson loves Elmo!!  Thanks SheShe!
And now Mary Frances has a chair of her own that we cannot keep Jackson out of.  We noticed Jackson was quiet, and we found him in Mary Frances' room with the door closed sitting in her chair reading a book.  Then looked up at SheShe, rubbed the chair arm, and said "nice."  What a stinker.
And after a nap between gifts Jackson was back at it!  A dog back pack from Munchkin.  This replaces his diaper bag.  Now that baby sister is here he needs to carry his own bag so I can carry hers.  He is such a big boy now.
More help from Aunt Anna.
A sleeping bag from Munchkin that is bigger than his crib!  I think he will like napping on it though.  Because every weekend we bring his nap mat home from day care he is always wanting to lay on it. Maybe he will feel the same about his sleeping bag.
Jackson and Da-Da spending a little down time together after a crazy Christmas day.  I was in Mary Frances' room putting up all her Christmas loot and had some really cute company.
Helping Gran Dan put together his work bench from Nana and Papa.
He even broke out the real drill.
I think we have another little engineer on our hands.


And finally a little entertainment for the crowd.  He was dancing and hamming it up for everyone!  He loved having everyone here and we all had the best Christmas ever!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

"But she doesn't have any Christmas presents!!!!" hahaha.. seems you got things taken care of :) And I've always said that I wanted to have a birthday cake for Jesus every year when I have children!! Love it!!