Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baseball Outting (Kind Of)

Ole Miss and State play baseball in Jackson every year.  Since we have lived down here I think we have made it to every single one.  This one happen to fall on Mary Frances' 4 month birthday AND the day she got her 4 month shots.  These were the same shots that landed Jackson in the hospital when he was 4 months old.  Luckily or unluckily I had forgotten about that little episode so when it came time for Mary Frances to have hers I never gave it a second thought.  So we all loaded up and headed to the game.

 It is always chaotic around our house, but getting 4 people out the door to a 6:30 game is no easy feat!  I had to talk Matt out of wearing this jacket.  I mean, I am as proud as he is that he is in the M Club, but he doesn't have to wear the jacket.....
Then I had to take an adorable picture of Mary Frances in her Ole Miss dress and tights.  You can't tell by this picture, but her tights and tennis shoes are pink.  Her Daddy couldn't find the white ones so he went with pink.  It actually turned out really cute, but I still gave him a hard time.  Once we finally made it to the game and sat down Mary Frances just started screaming and crying alligator tears.  She never cries and when she does the cry is never accompanied by tears.  I didn't know what to do.  After getting up with her several times I headed to the car.  J-Man didn't want to leave because he was having the time of his life dancing and clapping every time the crowd did.  So Matt stayed at the game with J-Man while I sat in the car with Mary Frances.  



I didn't mind a bit though.  Mary Frances finally fell asleep after I fed her and I just relaxed with her in my lap and listened to the game.  I never get to just relax at night.  I am usually up cleaning the kitchen, folding clothes, or bathing a child.  The Rebels won at it really was a great night.  I hate Mary Frances didn't enjoy being in the game, but maybe next time.  Or maybe she will hate baseball like her Big R, I hope not though.

I wish we had gotten a family picture in our Ole Miss attire.  We really were 'that family' at the game!  Hotty Toddy!

No comments: