Sunday, April 29, 2012

Southern Belle Sunday

Our Sundays are usually jam packed and we don't have time to come up for air.  But this Sunday was different.  We crammed a lot in, but it didn't seem to feel as rushed.  If this Sunday had a title it would be 'come out on the porch and sit a spell.'
 Jackson ran around the back yard pulling up grass and leaves off my ferns like the wild man that he is and Mary Frances sat quietly smiling in her seat like the little lady that she is.
 It was such a nice afternoon as we sat back and took it all in.  I have been catching myself looking at Mary Frances and thinking 'remember this face and this time because it will be gone before you know it and all you will have left are pictures and memories.  I look back at Jackson at this age and it is very hard to remember.  I am not sure if I didn't adequately soak it all in or if I was so sleep deprived there was not room for memory storage.
 Either way I am bound and determined to remember everything I can this time around and going forward for J-Man.
Of course I think Mary Frances is the most adorable baby girl under the sun, but Sunday at church one of the nursery workers paid her the best compliment.  She said she just had to pick her up and hold her because she just looked like a doll you got off a shelf and well, I agree.  Matt was the one that picked her up and he was one proud Daddy!  Although, I think it also makes him nervous about her getting old and boys finding her attractive.  But every dad goes through that and he'll survive.
This Sunday was extra special because it was slow and not so jammed packed that we couldn't enjoy each other.  I love this little girl and think she is one of the most special gifts from God I will ever receive!  Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Love these pics! So, so sweet!!