Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Bedroom Apartment

You may have noticed that a majority of our pictures of the kids are in our bed.  That's because we get them out of their bed and put them in ours in the morning while we get ready or because it's a quick photo op as we are on our way to the master bath for night time baths.  All that being said our family really could live in a one bedroom apartment and survive. 
 Matt and I are so convinced of this we are thinking of giving it a try.  WHAT?  Well, there are a lot of things that have to fall into place for this to happen, but it is becoming more and more of a very real possibility.  Let me explain.
Look at that adorable face!!  Such a sweet sweet smile!
 Matt and I have our house on the market in hopes of moving into a 4 bedroom house.  Basically I want our current house, but with one more bedroom, a bigger back yard, and closer to my office.  You wouldn't think that would be so hard to find right?  WRONG! 
Please mom, no more pictures.  Seriously!
 Matt and I have been looking at houses online for a while now and have not found anything that we just loved, but we went out looking any way.  After looking at 5 houses and falling in love with one that was way too expensive and Matt liking the one near a busy road that I don't want, we're testing our marriage.  Everyone tells us that building will test a marriage, but looking for a house is not much better.  It was like this the first time around.  I will admit to the fact that I may not have been very reasonable the last time around, but I got what I wanted.  :)  This time around I am trying to be more reasonable and the main objective in this home search is to make life easier.
I'm serious mom!  I'm going to punch you if you keep taking pictures!
 And by that I mean Matt is not going to be around the next 5 years and I need to simplify my life as much as possible.  By simplifying I am looking for a 4 bedroom house (all on one level), near my office and easy access to the interstate for Matt, in a certain school district (I don't even want to think about private schools), on a slab foundation (conventional foundations involve stairs in and out of the house and while I have a 21 month old on one hip and a car seat on the other, navigating stairs doesn't sound appealing), and a kitchen that is open to the living room or I'll even take a keeping room, and a nice back yard.  Is that so much to ask?
Look at this smile!!  ADORABLE!  And captures his little personality so well.  This is a one in a million picture.
 That's a pretty good list huh?  So what was all that about a one bedroom apartment?  I'm getting there.  So, since we can't find a house that meets my standards and my husband wants to strangle me we are seriously considering building one.  I found some houses in our price range and that meet all my needs except for the location part, it is WAY out in the county.  Thinking about all that we feel like we could build the same house only closer to where we want to be.  Sounds great right?
 Well......  We can't do that until we sell our house and building a house takes 8 months so that leads to the one bedroom apartment.  I want to build a house so I can get exactly what I want, Matt wants to build a house so he doesn't have to listen to me complain about not getting exactly what I want AND because he is enamored by the thought of all the money we could save for 8 months in a one bedroom apartment.
 At this point you are saying one of two things. 1 - don't build a house, it's too stressful or 2 - at least get a 2 bedroom apartment.  As you can tell my my stream of pictures on this blog we essentially live in 2 rooms of our house currently.  After J-Man goes to bed Matt, Franny, and I hang out in the den before heading to our room where all three of us sleep (no I have not moved her out of her cradle, I just can't do it).  So, why not make the one bedroom Jackson's and the living room ours?  It makes good sense to us.  Save money by foregoing an extra room we can live without for now.
 I will be blogging about my medication cost in 8 months after I have gone bat crazy from our plan, but for now it sounds like a grand plan!  Stay tuned for the breakdown that is sure to occur.
Such a chub a lub with red hair!  Just like her namesake.  My great grandmother had red hair.

No comments: